Geneva, Wednesday, 24 October 2012
9:00-12:00, followed by an aperitif.
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), site Rothschild, room Aubert, 20 rue Rothschild (1st floor), 1202 Geneva; from the station (Gare
Cornavin) take bus 1 (direction «Jardin Botanique») until «Gautier».
The Geneva event is designed for all those involved in international cooperation and in education and training.
Mrs Pauline Rose, director of the EFA-GMR team, will present the report. This will be followed by comments of representatives of international organizations and
research, and by a discussion. The following persons will comment:
- Mrs Christine Evans-Klock, director, Skills and Employability Department, ILO;
- Mr Borhene Chakroun, chief of Section for Technical and Vocational Education and Training, UNESCO;
- Mr Mohammad-Mahmoud Ould Mohamedou, visiting professor, International History, IHEID, & Head of the Middle East and North Africa Program, Geneva Centre for Security Policy.
The event is organized by the SDC in cooperation with the Network for Policy Research, Review and Advice on Education and Training (NORRAG) and the Swiss Network for Education and International
Bern, Thursday, 25 October 2012
10:30-12:30 followed by aperitif and buffet.
Gewerblich-Industrielle Berufsschule Bern (GIBB), Hall of the CAMPUS School, Lorrainestrasse 5a, 3013 Bern; from Bern main station take bus 20 (direction «Wyleregg» or
«Wankdorf Bahnhof») until «Gewerbeschule».
The Bern launch aims to reach a broad audience. It is addressed not only to persons working in the field of international cooperation but also to training
specialists in Switzerland. The focus will be on the practices in training and skills development. This is why a vocational school has been chosen as the venue for the event.
In the first part, Mr François Leclercq of the EFA-GMR team will present the report. In the second part, training experts from Switzerland and abroad will comment
on it. There will be a panel discussion, followed by a question and answer session with the audience. The following persons will speak:
- Mr Hansjürg Ambühl, head of the West Africa Division, SDC;
- Mr Borhene Chakroun, chief of Section for Technical and Vocational Education and Training at UNESCO;
- Mrs Bettina Jenny, HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation and member of RECI und FoBBIZ;
- Mr Rudolf Strahm, president of the Swiss Federation for Adult Learning (SVEB), teaching activity in the area of vocational education and counselling, former SP National Councillor;
- Mr Alessio Mair, Swiss Association of Commercial Clerks, East Aargau.
German and French (simultaneous translation)
The event is organized by the SDC in cooperation with the Swiss Commission for UNESCO, the Swiss Forum for Vocational Training and International Cooperation (FoBBIZ) and the Swiss Network for
Education and International Cooperation (RECI).